Paris - Day 3

Friday, July 06, 2012

Went through the routine rummaged of my bag in the morning and realised that my passport was missing! I quickly ran back the events in my head and but couldn't seem to recall where I could have dropped it. Spent a good 2-hours moping and blaming myself. How did I get so careless?! Unfortunately, it was a Sunday and we could not go back to Galeries Lafayette to check it out since the mall is not open on Sunday! Thank God for the resourceful Allan who had pre-pinned down all the emergency numbers and I quickly called MFA to do a quick report and enquire how do I get back to Singapore. I also hooked up with Huizi again and arranged to go to the mall the next day to search for my passport. Meanwhile, all I could do is to pray and carry on with our itinerary.

Anyway, I learnt that when you lost your passport, you must bring along passport photo and a copy of the police report to the local MFA office. MFA would then be able to produce a letter for you to go back to your country. That's pretty easy but it will definitely affect your travelling schedule!

Before that, DH & I visited the police post to make a report just in case

At the police station looking somewhat relaxed
Before we made our way to France's best landmark, Versailles Palace, we walked through the interesting market where Parisians do their grocery marketing. Lovely!
In subway to "Viroflay Rive Gauche", the station to visit the glorious Versailles Palace.

Look at the crowd and you will know how popular is this tourist destination
Outside the majestic Palace

Totally immerse in its culture and hugeness. Each details was made to perfection.

Halls of Mirrors, the biggest room in Palace of Versailles
Overwhelmed by the sheer size of Chateau


The impressive garden

Dinner at Leon De Bruxelles. Simply heaven for those who love mussels, fries and beer! And guess what, they were having promotion for unlimited mussels and fries. OMG!!

Except for Ronnie and Jeannie who's not in mussels, the rest of us whacked the many pots of mussels that were soaked in wines, tomato sauce, curry sauce!! We tried every damm kind of mussels that is available in the menu. Ooooh! Satisfying!



After dinner, we ended the night beautifully by catching the night scene of Eiffel Tower. We paid around 5 Euro to climb the stairs up to the second level. Besides gazing at the awesome night scene of Paris, we also learned many interesting history and facts with the many displays at the second level.



The awesome view
Some facts about Eiffel Tower
That sums up our Paris highlights! Our next stop, Salzburg in Austria.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Find Me on Instagram @qceline

Instagram

Hello!

Hello! And thanks for visiting my blog!


With God's love, we have been blessed with three wonderful kiddos. I hope to jot down as many events and details as we journey along this life. One day, when the kids grow up, they have this space to refer to bring back many fond memories and laughter.


With love!


You can contact me here