Forest Adventure - My date with Sky

Sunday, July 22, 2012

When the date for father-daughter trip was pinned, Sky was screaming "Unfair!". He was upset that he was left out of the equation. I had to crack my head and quickly whipped up something so that he won't feel unbalance.  Forest Adventure kept popping up as it was an activity that I knew this monkey of mine would surely enjoy and I don't really need to do much (*sheepish smile* talk about bonding huh). The only thing that set me back was that it was located at the East of Singapore and I wasn't confident of driving there. Ahaha - for those who know me, I am only familiar with the routes to the kids' school and certain enrichment classes only. Even as I made a booking (recommended since I wanted to make sure confirm confirm nothing would spoil the day), I felt unsure of driving there.

But for the sake of my monkey, I decided to venture ahead arming myself with the trusty GPS and some directional guidance from Daddy. Although he did not say it, I guess he would be more worried about the car than the driver. But thank God! The GPS did not let me down. Woohooo! and so I did not let my monkey down! This picture was in fact taken after the course. Ice cream treat for my young man who went through the challenge.


After settling the payment at the counter, Sky was led to the start of the course.

Staff helping to harness him.

Happy and ready to chiong!

Up to the tree house 

In all, Sky took about 2 hours to complete the course. It was challenging at some stages and a boy trembled and cried for daddy to bring him down. Mind you, even though it is a kids' course, it is not something you could quit anytime nor there's a trainer at your beck and call. The young ones gotta tough it out. Naturally, all the parent could do was cheer him on from below. At certain part of the course, only one kid is allowed to cross at one time for safety sake. Hence, if there's one child who taken more time than usual to cross the hurdle, there would be bottleneck like this:

But don't worry, for that boy who cried and carried on crossing the hurdle finally reached the final stage which is rather challenging in my opinion, the staff came along and guided him. Subsequently, I learnt that all in, there were 16 hurdles to cross. 








Trust me, this is much harder than it looks.



Spot Sky flying down!

Given a chance, Sky would want to go for the fox flying again. Unlike the ones that he tried at West Coast Park, this sure had given him adrenaline rush. The flying fox across Bedok Reservoir meant for the adult course is much more exciting! Hope one day, I get to try it!


Sky landed without a glitch.

After the adventure, Sky still got energy to go for his art class. When I asked him how did the course went for him, he replied maturely, "At some part, it was challenging, but I did not show it, I just move on and it wasn't as hard as I thought!" Woah! That's some sense there and cheers to my young man!. For me, after being barbecued under the sun, I was happy to snuggle close with my no. 3 in the bedroom with aircon blasting away. And not long after, my eyelid can't barely open.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Find Me on Instagram @qceline

Instagram

Hello!

Hello! And thanks for visiting my blog!


With God's love, we have been blessed with three wonderful kiddos. I hope to jot down as many events and details as we journey along this life. One day, when the kids grow up, they have this space to refer to bring back many fond memories and laughter.


With love!


You can contact me here