We are on local news!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Earlier this year, because of Election, my ex work place chief became a famous star overnight being the election's Returning Officer. As such, a picture of a project (CCL charity fashion show) that I was involved in (My ex CE was one of the models too!) appeared in the news - My Paper . I did not realised until a friend SMS me!


Recently, MOS Halimah Yacob's recommended that employers should provide off day every week for maids. This stirred some intense debate over the various platforms and forums especially by the employers. Our fellow church journalist friend was doing a follow up on this report and through our CGL, we seemed to be a good fit for his report. So, this time, the whole family is on the news - The New Paper except the lead is our dear helper, Tess. The full recount can be found here.

In summary, we do give our helper off days (either once or twice a mth) but we do not agree think it's necessary to lay the legislation of one off day per week. It depends on family situation, maid's attitude and many other factors.  I certainly cannot imagine how am I going to cope if my helper is given off day every week!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Find Me on Instagram @qceline

Instagram

Hello!

Hello! And thanks for visiting my blog!


With God's love, we have been blessed with three wonderful kiddos. I hope to jot down as many events and details as we journey along this life. One day, when the kids grow up, they have this space to refer to bring back many fond memories and laughter.


With love!


You can contact me here