Gearing for superb kid

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Considering the fact that she may be bringing virus from CC to home and affecting Sky's health, we had been wondering if it would be a better idea to put Shannon in a playgroup instead. Today, we brought Shannon to a trial playgroup at BJG. This playgroup uses flash card techniques (glenn doman philosophy), science experiment and coupled with daily gym activities.

I have heard of GD program but felt that it's sheer memorizing and does not edify to the well-being of the child's mind. Boy, what amazed me was when the teacher flashed the "wonders of the world", "Presidents of US" and Maths Dots card to the kids at lightning speed.. Most of them (including Shannon) could identify the correct card when they were questioned individually. I'm really amazed! Shannon could actually identify "Leaning Tower of Pisa" and Jimmy Carter (I don't even knowthe existence of this guy!). Out of so many dots in the card, Shannon could point the correct card when asked which is "7".

Due to distance, we are still considering whether to place Shannon there. But what's going on my mind is should i really invest in this GD prog?? As a working mum, I definitely can't find time to flash card for the kids 3x/day (in order to make this GD works). I wasn't interested with flashing card to the kids but looking at the result rubs some excitement in me. On the other hand, i don't want to be a KS mum and add stress to the kids' childhood. Hmmm, i'm still pondering..

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. oh no! after reading your entry, this Mummy here is stressed! - Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. aiyoh, u r so blur. don't know who is Jimmy Carter. Shannon is going to out -smart the sotong mummy.

    ReplyDelete

Find Me on Instagram @qceline

Instagram

Hello!

Hello! And thanks for visiting my blog!


With God's love, we have been blessed with three wonderful kiddos. I hope to jot down as many events and details as we journey along this life. One day, when the kids grow up, they have this space to refer to bring back many fond memories and laughter.


With love!


You can contact me here